Re: [LUG] Ethernet??

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Incidently, someone mentioned something about leasing. I think it was
> someone in the local (Holsworthy) computer shop. They suggested that I
> might need to check on that, but I haven't been able to find anything
> about it. Is that another red herring?
They probably mean the DHCP lease on the IP address.  IOW your Mandriva
PC wasn't getting a new IP when the DHCP lease ran out.  I would only
expect this of the *external* IP issued by your ISP to your router, not
to the internal IPs on your network though, so probably someone in the
shop knowing half of a subject and trying to sound like he knew more.

Kind regards,

Julian