Re: [LUG] question about server hardware from dnuk

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 12:22:36 +0100, Peter Walker <peter.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>dave morgan wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>> We are considering replacing our current file server which is slow
>>(the disks are slower than the 100mbit LAN), and unreliable (4 disks
>>failed in 2 years in a 3 disk RAID5 array, and involved shutting down
>>the server and opening the case to replace them)
>>
>>This is for nfs + samba + nis.
>>
>>We are considering this https://secure.dnuk.com/systems/g320hs.php as a possible
>>replacement.
>>
>>Any comments or experiences of dnuk hardware?
>>

>Haven't bought anything from them yet, but have had a rack mount NAS
>server on eval. They seemed very easy to deal with as a company
>(admittedly this was presales not support). The eval system worked out
>of the box and seemed pretty solid. Only thing we found was that the hot
>swap caddies were not that easy to get in and out.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Pete

Thanks Pete,
If we do get one of these I will make sure to try pulling the caddy out
and stuffing it back in while the machine is under stress :-)

Dave
--
http://www.morgad.no-ip.info/index.html    gpg:0x64B5E037
Distributed Proofreaders: http://www.pgdp.net