Re: [LUG] question about server hardware from dnuk

dave morgan wrote:

>Hi,
> We are considering replacing our current file server which is slow
>(the disks are slower than the 100mbit LAN), and unreliable (4 disks
>failed in 2 years in a 3 disk RAID5 array, and involved shutting down
>the server and opening the case to replace them)
>
>This is for nfs + samba + nis.
>
>We are considering this https://secure.dnuk.com/systems/g320hs.php as a possible
>replacement.
>
>Any comments or experiences of dnuk hardware?

Haven't bought anything from them yet, but have had a rack mount NAS
server on eval. They seemed very easy to deal with as a company
(admittedly this was presales not support). The eval system worked out
of the box and seemed pretty solid. Only thing we found was that the hot
swap caddies were not that easy to get in and out.

Cheers,

Pete