Re: [LUG] Router problem - maybe not.

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 09:29:44 +0100
"Robin Cornelius" <robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Routers neally always have a web configuration page. If you open a
> broswer and goto http://192.168.1.1 (on your network) you should see
> the routers page and be asked for a username and password (look in the
> router manual or the bottom of the router for defaults)
>
> Then some routers allow you to do network tests etc from their setup web page.
>
> This certainly all looks to be a dhcp problem.

I don't know if this helps, but I have found the following in
/var/lib/dhcp/dhclient-eth0.leases

lease {
  interface "eth0";
  fixed-address 192.168.1.2;
  option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
  option dhcp-lease-time 3600;
  option routers 192.168.1.1;
  option dhcp-message-type 5;
  option dhcp-server-identifier 192.168.1.1;
  option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.1;
  renew 3 2006/9/6 18:02:41;
  rebind 3 2006/9/6 18:27:52;
  expire 3 2006/9/6 18:35:22;
}
lease {
  interface "eth0";
  fixed-address 192.168.1.2;
  option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
  option routers 192.168.1.1;
  option dhcp-lease-time 3600;
  option dhcp-message-type 5;
  option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.1;
  option dhcp-server-identifier 192.168.1.1;
  renew 3 2006/9/6 18:01:10;
  rebind 3 2006/9/6 18:30:23;
  expire 3 2006/9/6 18:37:53;
}
It looks as though it was renewed today, but still had to switch the
router on and off again.

Neil Winchurst