Re: [LUG] Router problem - maybe not.

Neil Winchurst wrote:

> I get the feeling that the network is logged on, but the computer
> doesn't see it. There is an icon on the panel showing if I am logged on
> or not and it shows logged on when I restart the computer for a new
> session. Nevertheless, I can't use the internet. The only way is to
> turn off the router and then turn it on again. When it has resettled
> all is working fine.
>
> I'll go on looking

Might be worth checking the following before and after

"ifconfig" to get interface info
"route" for all routing info

Also then try pinging the router

ping 192.168.1.1

Do you have web configuration on the router as well? can you log in to
this (possibly via the 2nd windows pc) and does it have any diagnostics
etc. eg ping. Can you ping back to the address given by ifconfig.

To renew your lease type

dhclient eth0

i think dhclient on its own asks on all interfaces present.

Then see what happens

Don't know what happened to my earlier email I sent today? strange!

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk