[LUG] Router problem - maybe?

At the end of May I started using a broadband connection.
Mandriva2006
Eclipse broadband
D-Link DSL-G604T router.

Until recently everything was fine. About a week ago I started having
a problem. I start up the computer as normal, then I try to use the
internet. (The router was on all the  time). The connection fails. So I
switch off the router for about half a minute (keeping the computer
running) then switch it back on and try again and everything is fine. It
stays fine for the whole session. When I have finished I switch off the
computer but leave the router on.

Later in the day I switch on the computer again, with the same problem
and solution. Only by switching the router off for a while and then on
again can I get the link to the internet to work. This now happens
every time I start up the computer.

Please note that I have made no changes to the connections during all
this time. For the first three months (end of May to end of August) I
had no problems. Now I have  to go through this routine every time. I
have rung Eclipse who can see no problem with the connection. They
tell me that it is all apparently working very well, at a very high
speed. I would expect this since I live less than a mile from the
exchange.

Can anyone suggest anything to help?

TIA

Neil Winchurst