Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Microsoft shuts down Windows 98]

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 12:12:03PM +0100, Simon Williams wrote:
> Henry Bremridge wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 05:41:50PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
>
> I have 2 Win98SE original CDs with keys. I have never had any issues with
> installing using the same key on several different machines.
>
> If you like I will bring one to the BBQ on the 29th, where you or someone
> else can burn a copy (I would like to keep the originals).

Yes PLEASE. Unfortunately I am not here on the 29th: I get back on the 18
August. I will contact you offlist when I return

> Is this literally just for banking?

yes, but I will also see what I can do to get my debian machine working on
this banking lark (am having some difficulty finding the certificate)

> If so, I suggest that in the interests of stability you don't bother
> with ANY updates. Just make sure that the machine is not used for
> general surfing and that you run a well-updated anti-virus on it and
> keep it well behind a NAT firewall. Perhaps also tell your firewall to
> block any traffic coming from that machine destined for any ports other
> than HTTP and HTTPS.

Good point. Thank you

--
Henry