Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Microsoft shuts down Windows 98]

Henry Bremridge wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 04:10:45PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
>> Henry Bremridge wrote:
>> reason to care whether your Win9x is "genuine". I've got the key for the
>> CD I have, I can guarantee that this key isn't in use right now on any
>> other system, so if you want it, let me know and I'll see if I can't dig
>> it out in time for a DCGLUG meeting.
>>
> Please: I will take the greatest joy in scrubbing everything and creating a
> clean disk.

Ah, well, now that I've found it, I've remembered the problem. It's an
MS Windows 98SE Upgrade CD. What you'll need, before you wipe that disc,
is to create a Windows StartUp Disc. i.e. a floppy. Alternatively, an
MS-DOS system disc and floppies 1 to 5 for Windows 3.x.

I'd forgotten how difficult Windows really is!!!

If not, someone else may well have a non-upgrade edition.

>> Whether or not your bank supports GNU/Linux, GNU/Linux can support your
>> bank, with your help.
>>
> I keep on forgetting the depth of the GNU/Linux knowledge base. Will post
> on my return.

:-)

--

Neil Williams