Re: [LUG] MSO, OOo and the executable metaphor

On 14/07/06, James Fidell <james@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Even for home use, it would be quite cool from a management point of
view to have a central system that acts as a PVR, manages the home
security system, handles the phone system, provides a centralised
audio player as well as lots of other things I've not thought of.
I'll be queuing for a ski pass for Hell before I'd consider putting
all that data on some random corporation's servers just because they
could provide me with some centralised application set though.

I'm working on a combo mythtv backend, apache server and subversion server (home directories)...
This sort of thing is already technically possible.

Oh, and people moved away from mainframes because Windows doesn't run nicely on VACs. :) After all, we must have Windows.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382