Re: [LUG] Magnia SG20

Richard Brown wrote:

> I am trying to modify them locally. However, I have a problem in that I
>
>want to run a wordpress blog locally. However, when I try to
>http://86.53.38.156 I get a login console to the Netgear router!?

I found the same issue with my setup. I found that the easiest way of
doing this is to edit your "desktop" machine's hosts file (/etc/hosts)
and add an entry for the LAN IP address of the server associating it
with the name... for example, I have:

192.168.1.100 www.thymox.co.uk thymox.dyndns.org webserver

This way, when I'm at my desktop machine I can access my webserver by
either www.thymox.co.uk, thymox.dyndns.org or webserver. I have
thymox.dyndns.org associated with my ADSL's IP address, so if anyone
else (from the "outside world") tries to access that name, it points to
me and my router forwards their HTTP request to my webserver. I have
www.thymox.co.uk as a framed forwarder page to thymox.dyndns.org.

Although I can access my server by IP address alone, using WordPress
makes things a little squiffy if you're not connecting to it with the
"url" that it's expecting.

Have a shot. And good luck. :)

Grant.