Re: [LUG] Magnia SG20

On Monday 29 May 2006 07:09, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I have finally got a web server up and running! I am using a fixed IP
> address supplied by my ISP and routing to it through a Netgear box. As
> this is my first attempt could some folks please take a look and see if
> it is 'crackable'! The address is coming in two parts just to avoid any
> email harvesting (don't know if this is necessary but just in case! The
> address is 86.53.

I'm sure there are plenty of automated robots "testing" your security
already :-)
But according to nmap the only ports open are 80 (HTTP) and 5190. I don't know
what's running on 5190, but you probably don't want it accessible.
Apart from that it looks secure enough, just make sure you keep Apache updated
with security fixes.

> The other thing I would like to do is to add a web camera or maybe a
> network camera. Is so what would folks suggest and does anyone know if
> it is possible please?

Get yourself a cheap webcam and a copy of 'motion':
http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome

Motion can do pretty much anything you could possibly want to do relating to
webcams.

Regards,
David.

--