Re: [LUG] Magnia SG20

Richard Brown wrote:
> I have finally got a web server up and running!

Why not Apache?

> could some folks please take a look and see if
> it is 'crackable'!

It seems a little too hardened to me. No ping response, nmap reports All
1674 scanned ports on ... are: filtered

How are you proposing to modify files on this server? Is it local? What
if you need to change files whilst away from your usual machine(s)
and/or in case of a service failure / hardware failure with your usual
machine(s)?

The current homepage needs to be replaced - it contains a lot more
information than the equivalent Apache page.

I wouldn't worry about email harvesting of the IP address - to be useful
this server will need to be in some form of DNS and will end up with
some form of HTML link to it from another part of the web. There's
little point in having a web server that is internet-visible if it
cannot be located by search engines.

--

Neil Williams