[LUG] top v bottom

In theory I agree with bottom posting, it is the more logical way to do
it, the structure of the dialogue is maintained and any sense easier to
understand.

The only problem is people out there in the "real" world, as opposed to
Lugers, usually top post. I have tried bottom posting to "real" people
out there in real world land maybe 5 or 6 times.

A couple of responses asking me to resend as I had not sent the one with
my reply, one suggesting that I remember to try and write something and
one apologising for the fact that they weren't good with computers and
had managed to trash my e-mail.

 I'd like to mail back (at the top) and tell whoever it is that they
have the cognitive ability of a brick and the visual acuity of a myopic
mole,  but this is only possible when dealing with immediate family.

So I have to mail back explaining (at the top) that my reply is at the
bottom of the e-mail. That some people think this is the correct manner
of response and have a heavy strop if one does differently. The e-mailee
is either slightly bemused or suggests that the world is full of sad and
deluded people.

Bottom IS better. But what can one do when faced with with a world that
doesn't realise this! Is there a polite way of dealing with this problem
which saves one from a lengthy correspondence about top versus bottom
posting?

Simon

--
simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx