Re: [LUG] OT: Domain registrars

On Saturday 27 May 2006 23:40, James Hallam wrote:

> I use www.namecheap.com  for my domains. In my experience, they've been
> very good. They have their own DNS servers, and you can edit the records
> easily from their website. They do email forwarding, which works without
> a problem, and they also have support for dynamic DNS, which is a big
> plus for me and my DSL connection. They're nice and cheap as well, and
> offer free "whoisguard" protection for a year.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I think I'll give NameCheap a go as
they seem to offer everything I want without charging an extortionate amount
of money for it. According to Netcraft they're Windows-based, but I guess you
can't have everything ;-)

> I tried 1&1 at first, but hated it - they wouldn't let me add more than
> one subdomain, and the changes I made often took days to propagate.

You were lucky to get one subdomain - now they don't let you have ANY unless
you pay £3.99 a month for web hosting.

Cheers,
David.

--