Re: [LUG] top v bottom

Simon Robert wrote:

>In theory I agree with bottom posting, it is the more logical way to do
>it, the structure of the dialogue is maintained and any sense easier to
>understand.
>
>The only problem is people out there in the "real" world, as opposed to
>Lugers, usually top post. I have tried bottom posting to "real" people
>out there in real world land maybe 5 or 6 times.
>
>A couple of responses asking me to resend as I had not sent the one with
>my reply, one suggesting that I remember to try and write something and
>one apologising for the fact that they weren't good with computers and
>had managed to trash my e-mail.
>
> I'd like to mail back (at the top) and tell whoever it is that they
>have the cognitive ability of a brick and the visual acuity of a myopic
>mole,  but this is only possible when dealing with immediate family.
>
>So I have to mail back explaining (at the top) that my reply is at the
>bottom of the e-mail. That some people think this is the correct manner
>of response and have a heavy strop if one does differently. The e-mailee
>is either slightly bemused or suggests that the world is full of sad and
>deluded people.
>
>Bottom IS better. But what can one do when faced with with a world that
>doesn't realise this! Is there a polite way of dealing with this problem
>which saves one from a lengthy correspondence about top versus bottom
>posting?
>
>Simon

Tell them you're descended from people who originated in the southern
hemisphere, so naturally you're gonna write at the bottom of the message. ;)

It's a tough one... and I have to admit that I tend to slip into
top-replying when corresponding with people who evidently don't/wouldn't
"get it" if I bottom-replied.

Grant.