Re: [LUG] Switching the list to mailman

On 24/05/06, Alex Charrett <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think your just seeing software drift, to something with a nice web
> interface, and more features, and proper maintenance. Majordomo was a
> tad workman like, but hey it did the job for ages.

Mailman seems to be pretty much a standard these days, although I've tried
it a couple of times before and didn't like how some of it worked, but
it's much better now (I still think all those cron jobs are a bit much but
hey).

I do still like majordomo, but I have been using it for the best part of
10 years :)

Siesta!

Siesta is a Perl Mailing List Manager with extra funkyness, web
interface, database backend and lots more.

http://search.cpan.org/~rclamp/Siesta-0.66/
(oreilly websites are b0rken so check
http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:p64OaAzmOH8J:www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/02/05/siesta.html+siesta+email+perl&hl=en&gl=uk&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a

cheers,