Re: [LUG] Fedora Core 5

Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Check the installer options at boot and look for a text-only install
 option. (This usually only runs the installer in text mode, it doesn't
 have to mean you won't have a GUI installed).
_

Hello, I have read a lot on the internet and in fedora forums, but nobody
seems to have the same problem that I am getting.
Just a moment ago I tried the install again (graphical) and waited to get to
the point where the screen is black and all I can see is a crosshair curser
from my mouse that moves happily around my screen.

I press ctrl+alt+Fkey (i don't remember which-one) and a long list of recent
processes were displayed. I read the last line and jotted it down, it read.

"Program anaconda is using a depreciated SCSI ioctl, please convert it to
SG_IO"

and apparently...

12:02:17 [cleandemon] nah, thats just a deprecation warning not an error
12:04:15 [cleandemon] that the scsi lib that anaconda is using is now
deprecated and wont be supported in a future release.  They recommend
converting anaconda to SG_IO.
12:04:39 [cleandemon] If it wasn't supported in this release you would see;
Segmentation Fault

_

I have been reading from this site for helpful info

http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html

and this next link is part of the site that has the kernel-parameters, but i
don't know which ones to pass.

http://stanton-finley.net/kernel-parameters.txt
_

More help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again...

-