Re: [LUG] Network device allocation

Grant Sewell wrote:
I remember reading that you could do this, well certainly with USB devices
anyway.  I'll have a dig about, but I'm pretty certain it was a fairly painless
udev tool.

--Grant
Just a suggestion, not sure how feasible this is. Could they be referred to by their MAC addresses? Those would always be a) static and b) unique to each device.

I'm not advanced enough in networking or Linux to say for sure, but I think this article may help:

http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/udev.htm

Kind regards,

Julian