Re: [LUG] Fedora Core 5

Daniel Robinson wrote:

My problems is that when the computer starts to load up Anaconda; i am
presented with nothing but a black screen and a mouse curser, unfortunatly i
am unable to get past this point.

I have not used Red Hat for a long time, but like many distros it can sometimes hang if it has a problem detecting hardware. A blank screen such as you describe is often the result. To get round this there are normaly some command line options at the start of the install procedure. Often the opening screen tells you something about these and offers suggestions or a key to press for further help.

I don't know what command line options Fedora supports but usually you can disable hardware detection of stuff you don't have, like SCSI or PCMCIA devices for example. The Fedora web site ought have the details.

HTH

Ian

-