Re: [LUG] 64bit help needed.

On Saturday 22 April 2006 19:58, Neil Williams wrote:
> ;-)
> Any recommendations for a ready built 64bit system? Naturally, Debian will
> be installed upon purchase if not before.

I use both an Dell EMT64 and a no-name AMD64 box for testing 64 bit stufff.

I think i picked the bits for the AMD one up for ~400 quid - it was a long
time ago though (~12 months), so i'm sure you can pick up a lot cheaper now.

the dell SC1425's are good machines - single/dual emt64 xeons ~ 450 + VAT.

 ~ Theo

--
http://crazygreek.co.uk/
theo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx