Re: [LUG] 64bit help needed.

On Saturday 22 April 2006 8:49 am, Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:
> On Friday 21 April 2006 22:05, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Would someone with a 64-bit system mind testing QOF 0.6.4 from
> > SourceForge with the attached patch and telling me if it compiles OK? (It
> > fails without the patch). Other systems are fine, it's only 64bit systems
> > that are relevant at this time.
>
> No it does not compile with the patch.

Still improving the patch. I've sent another off-list to you, Robin and David.
Thanks all for your assistance. Looks like my next purchase will be a 64bit
system!

The latest patch is attached for anyone else testing.
;-)

Any recommendations for a ready built 64bit system? Naturally, Debian will be
installed upon purchase if not before.

> if you are refering to types as "long long int", you will want a format
> string of %lld (or %qd on osx iirc) - alternatively take a look at
> <inttypes.h>.

I'm using glib macros wherever possible - they implement inttypes.h in a
familiar manner.

As Simon hinted, this is primarily for compatibility, not just with GnuCash
but to provide a consistent "feel" across QOF applications. QOF is gradually
moving all definitions to their glib equivalents, including gint and gchar.
No point re-inventing the wheel, use the portability support already
available in the main library that QOF uses itself.

> also, your configure.in is dropping my personal CFLAGS i provide when
> calling ./configure

Hmm. I'll check that for the next upstream release. Can't fix that right now.

Did you check the Makefile CFLAGS? It may just be that my AC_OUTPUT is
misleading (it outputs $warnflags which is derived from CFLAGS when it should
also output the original CFLAGS).

--

Neil Williams