[LUG] ATi graphics

Hi,

I'm running Dapper Drake (kernel 2.6.12 due to my fear of uninstalling hotplug) and am trying to get some 3D acceleration for my Radeon 9600. I've followed all available instruction on how to do it with the official stuff, and it's buggered up spectacularly. The opengl testing wotsit whose name escapes both me and my bash history comes up with a number of zeroes, rather than displaying "Ati Technologies, Inc. Radeon 9600"; glxgears runs somewhat smoothly for five seconds and then eats my processor and runs at 0.5fps. I had this problem in Breezy too, and it's starting to annoy me that Supertux plays better in software mode than in OpenGL. I'm using kernel 2.6.12, compiled for K7. Can anyone help?

--
Ben Goodger
#391382