Re: [LUG] GNU/Linux Promotion & Meeting

good point, I know that Tom is away over 1/2 term, I thought this meet could just be to get things going with whoever is able to come, There is no problem doing another meet next month, (feb) anyway, however another venue would be helpful. (school in exeter perhaps as it's 1/2 term). It's really a chance to chat about the whole topic off line, where we can move forward far quicker than on a mailing list. Even though everyone is not going to be able to make it.

We seem to have two momentums with the group, one is open source in schools, the other is the working group, if either are to work, we are going to need regular meets. We have already agreed on regular meetings, given that the summer hols are 6 months away, 1/2 term is going to be late may / early june so that works out at 5 months, which is er 4 meets.

Paul

Tom Brough wrote:

Hi all,

Meeting Date

Sorry I havent responded to your mails on this group lately, I have been on a training course. I think we should try to set a meeting date in the half term so it will be easier on our younger members who have school commitments during the week.

Promotion Event Date

I dont know what other members feel but perhaps a date during the school holidays (Summer half term break perhaps) would give us maximum impact, maybe ask the schools announce it ?

Promotion Venue

This depends on how big / small the event is going to be. Internet access would be useful, and cafe services area for tea / coffee / soft drinks and biscuits maybe useful.

Technology showcases

Examples:
Voip / Video conferencing (maybe just point to point at venue). eg linphone, gnomemeeting......
OpenOffice
Virtual Learning Environments - Moodle.
TuxPaint

Anyone got some other "must demo" free software technologies they would like to showcase ?

Tom.