Re: [LUG] Fedora 4 Epson C84

Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:

>Hi
>
>Is there anyone out there using Fedora 4 and the C84?
>
>Still chasing my mouse, but as it works if I boot into "normal" Fedora it is
>not a matter of great urgency.  However my printer is.
>
>If the printer is on the parallel port the computer does not recognize it, nor
>does it work at all when set up as a C84.  Change the driver one can can get
>it to spit out a sheet of paper.  (which proves the computer is pointing at
>the correct port).  Plug into USB and the computer does recognize the
>printer(!), but still fails to do anything.
>
>This does seem strange to me, some distro's work some things, others others on
>this computer.  (Only windows seems to work everything!)  Should I try
>another distro.  Are they trying so hard to be plug and play that they are
>failing?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Peter L-J

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but have you tried the
latest version of Gimp-Print?  It's now called GutenPrint.  I'm using
GutenPrint 5.0.0rc1 on Ubuntu Breezy (AMD64) 5.10 with my Epson Stylus
Photo R200 printer.  I installed GutenPrint from source.  I did a quick
check of my installation and there appears to be a C84 driver included.

Hope this helps.

Rob