[LUG] Fedora 4 Epson C84

Hi

Is there anyone out there using Fedora 4 and the C84?

Still chasing my mouse, but as it works if I boot into "normal" Fedora it is
not a matter of great urgency.  However my printer is.

If the printer is on the parallel port the computer does not recognize it, nor
does it work at all when set up as a C84.  Change the driver one can can get
it to spit out a sheet of paper.  (which proves the computer is pointing at
the correct port).  Plug into USB and the computer does recognize the
printer(!), but still fails to do anything.

This does seem strange to me, some distro's work some things, others others on
this computer.  (Only windows seems to work everything!)  Should I try
another distro.  Are they trying so hard to be plug and play that they are
failing?

Thanks in advance

Peter L-J