Re: [LUG] Mouse not Working

Hi

I have given up on Mandrakelinux, as I remarked when making a query to their
support staff they are a wonderfull argument for windows.  Complete waste of
60 whatever!

However got a copy of Fedora 4, and my old mouse problem has reappeared.
(Indeed at one stage I found the message "Failed to enable mouse on isa
0060/serio1").  Basically the mouse just does not work, one must keep on
rebooting until it does.

Down in /etc/X11/xorg.conf it tells me:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

(But that is now, perhaps it is different when the mouse does not work (but I
do not think it would change) , however will look next time I boot up!)

I use a PS/2Compatible Microsoft 3 button mouse.  (A bog standard mouse!) Does
this look right to people?  Or am I barking up the wrong tree?  If I shell
out can I sort of restart mouse?

Thanks in advance.

Peter