Re: [LUG] Electricity Modelling (library?)

On 02/12/05, Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ben will have to explain in small word how this circuit simulator will
defer from the other free software circuit simulators, because I did
surprisingly little on electrical circuits in my education.

It's meant to be a GTK clone of Livewire, which nobody has probably come across. It basically allows one to create a range of circuits with lamps, batteries, resistors, and so on.. and it has little current flow diagrams, and it calculates how much the lamps shine, etc. It's used for testing and planning circuits before building them.. the usual "digital before-build test" type stuff. It's all graphical (some would say WYSIWYG) and reasonably intuitive, but is proprietary, commercial and windows-only.

--
Ben Goodger

http://www.getfirefox.com/
http://www.openoffice.org/