Re: [LUG] Electricity Modelling (library?)

tom potts wrote:

> I thought I'd add a note - the spice circuit simulator
> can be used to model just about any dynamic system -
> chemical reactions, plumbing, heating systems  etc.
> All you have to do is either translate the 'model'
> into electrical space or make models of your dynamic
> bits and pieces.

The gnucap project claims to produce spice compatible models....

Ben will have to explain in small word how this circuit simulator will
defer from the other free software circuit simulators, because I did
surprisingly little on electrical circuits in my education.

I've only seen TKGate which is digital circuits.

QUCS looks even more frightening to me.

Interesting what they (QUCS authors) have to say about Spice.
http://qucs.sourceforge.net/faq.html#q003

So maybe time to "apt-get source qucs" and see what they did. The
package doesn't depend on anything but "normal" libraries, so their code
to do the simulation is in with the GUI for better or worse. Still it is
GPLed, so it can be extracted and made a GPLed library if it is useful I
guess.