[LUG] School Wiki

Hi,
As some some people know I'm gradually trying to convert my school to Linux/open source. So far I have asked for one Linux box and got a while without a disk and a lot of excuses about how every computer in the school needed updating (or so it seems). Then I was reading a post about having a wiki for school and thought I would build one for my school. To save time I thought I would use an old box install Apache then PHP 5 and mySQL and mediawiki then put it on a network at home give the school its ip get it put on the schools homepage and then wait until the technicians want to site it at school.
First what do people think of that idea and any improvement suggestions. Secondly does any one know where I can get a cheep network card Ethernet cable and a power lead for a computer. Lastly does any one have any idea how to set up a server with all this stuff on and make it work.
Thanks

--
Tom (the younger)