Re: [LUG] Xandros 3.0 Open Circulation Distro

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:06:20 +0100
Julian Hall wrote:

It gets worse.  I visited a friend who has the full version of Xandros.
The kernel source isn't on that *either*!!  I'm damned if I'm going to
fork out £80 for a product I'm not going to be able to use.  Guess I'll
just struggle with the free version until I can find out where the hell
they hid the kernel sources.

How the heck is a new user with any proprietary kit supposed to use the
OS?  Alright I'm not expecting them to support everything out of the
box, but at least give me the tools to do it myself :)

Re the keyboard, funnily enough mine works fine in Windows *and*
Mandrake, just the console in Xandros that doesn't like it.

Kind regards,

Julian

What kernel are you running?  I had a quick scout around Xandros.com and found this:
ftp://ftp2.xandros.com/src/pool/xandros3.0-src/main/x/xandros-kernel-source-2.6.9/

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.