Re: [LUG] glunarclock

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 18:12, Julian Hall wrote:
Anton Channing wrote:
Nice little program. Doesn't quite tell me everything I need
to know (would be nice if it had 'days since last' full and new
moons in addition to 'days till next'), but beggers can't be
choosers.

Mathematically that wouldn't be difficult to implement would it?  I
don't have the first clue about programming in C - I did part of a
course once (lost interest due to a girlfriend happening ;)) but have
since forgotten all I learned.  AFAIK each lunar cycle is 28 days (plus
loose change), so subtracting the "days till" from 28 gives the "days
since last" figure.

You would think, but in practice a lunar month can vary from
26-30 days.  I know because I used to get a hard format lunar
calendar every year.  In fact I got one this year also, but since
it was a combined pressie to me an my gf, and I had nowhere
to hang it, I let her have it... ;)

I presume glunarclock gets info from some kind of database
or ephemeris.  Programming the required feature is probably
easilly within my skill.  I might have a go at some point.

Right now however I am busier than a hive of bees, (and
my mind feels about as fragmented...) so taking on a new
project is not on my agenda...

Anton