Re: [LUG] Netgear WG511T & Madwifi

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:01:05 +0000
Julian Hall wrote:

Hi All,

Tried again this morning, the command the MadWiFi website says to use is:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/madwifi \
co madwifi

Same errors as per last night.  The key elements (to me at least) appear
to be "unable to open /root/.cvspass for reading: No such file or
directory" and the next error containing "PserverBackend() Connect
(Connection refused)".  Those suggest to me that the server has been
found but for one reason or another cannot find the path it wants and/or
the correct port is not open.  In other words it can find the server but
the access is blocked.

Is my interpretation correct, and if so is it the command that I am
copying which is in error, or is the server itself experiencing problems?

Have you tried getting the CVS snapshot .tar.bz2/gz files?  You may fair better with
those.
The "current" version is: 2005-02-10, which seems pretty recent :D

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.