Re: [LUG] Netgear WG511T & Madwifi

Grant Sewell wrote:

Fedora RPMs *may* work. Personally I prefer to use source (targz or cvs) and create my own RPM or DEB files with the aid of "checkinstall".

Not heard of MADWifi before.  Checked out the ndis status and your card is listed.
I would try the MADWifi first - native support is a better idea than ndis cheating
(like I did).

BTW, once you get used to CVS, it isn't so bad.

Good luck.

Grant.

Thanks for the good luck.. I'll need it!

I tried following the advice on http://www.mattfoster.clara.co.uk/madwifi-2.htm#1 the first of which was the command below:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/madwifi \
co madwifi

As the \ I believe tells it the command continues on the next line it came out as:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/madwifi co madwifi

That produced errors of:

cvs checkout: warning: failed to open /root/.cvspass for reading: No such file or directory

and

cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.sourceforge.net: M PserverBackend: PserverBackend() Connect (no route to host)

The network connection is fine as I've just downloaded and installed Thunderbird and Firefox.

Any ideas welcome :)

Kind regards,

Julian