Re: [LUG] Netgear WG511T & Madwifi

Grant Sewell wrote:

Fedora RPMs *may* work.  Personally I prefer to use source (targz or cvs) and create my own
RPM or DEB files with the aid of "checkinstall".
Not heard of MADWifi before.  Checked out the ndis status and your card is listed.
I would try the MADWifi first - native support is a better idea than ndis cheating
(like I did).

BTW, once you get used to CVS, it isn't so bad.

Hi Grant,

Does NDIS require the card to first of all work in Windows? If so that would be a non-starter as the Win2K driver for the PCMCIA slot in my particular laptop causes a BSOD. I've emailed Compaq about that and am awaiting a reply. In the meantime if I can get the card functional in Linux, Windows can......... *g*

Kind regards,

Julian