Re: [LUG] Netgear WG511T & Madwifi

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:05:36 +0000
Julian Hall wrote:

Hi All,

Well apparently the network card doesn't have a driver for Linux yet,
but it can be made to work using MadWiFi.  Has anyone used that and/or
got knowledge of it?  First mention I saw of CVS had me ducking for
cover after my last experience.

Would the Fedora RPMs work, and save me a lot of grief?

Kind regards,

Julian

Fedora RPMs *may* work.  Personally I prefer to use source (targz or cvs) and create
my own RPM or DEB files with the aid of "checkinstall".
Not heard of MADWifi before.  Checked out the ndis status and your card is listed.
I would try the MADWifi first - native support is a better idea than ndis cheating
(like I did).

BTW, once you get used to CVS, it isn't so bad.

Good luck.

Grant.
--
Artificial intelligence is no match for nuratal stidutipy.