Re: [LUG] Re: OT: Blueyonder's abuse@blueyonder.co.uk listed as spamserver / open relay ?

Tom Brough wrote:

Have any other blueyonder users had problems sending email to servers
abroad ?

I have been sent an email from the postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx that
refers me to the following link

http://dsbl.org/listing?195.188.213.9

Hi Tom,

The URL is effectively saying that on several occasions (latest being 18th Dec 2004) spam has been reported that originated from the Blueyonder mail server - smtp-out6.blueyonder.co.uk. Doesn't appear to be an Open Relay as it refused my telnet to port 25. That makes it one or more Blueyonder customers. It also means they're not cracking down hard enough on spammers. The URL also states that the IP has previously been removed "on request". This would have been the request of Blueyonder as the operators of RBL listings won't take the request of an individual, since as far as they know it could be the original spammer making the request.

You need to forward that to abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (which I think you said you've already done). If the problem persists send them another email insisting they remove digit from rectal orifice and do their jobs :)

Kind regards,

Julian