Re: [LUG] Libranet Debian

Hi All

Ok I'll start again! What I have now done is set it to static IP address and installed the following:-
IP Address 192.168.0.2 (I used this because I am also connected to the router with the Powerbook and it has connected using DHCP with that address - I wanted to see what would happen. When I looked at the Mac it informed that 192.168.0.2 is in use by DHCP server 192.168.0.1 and had changed its address to 192.168.0.4)
Subnet Maks 255.255.255.0
Broadcast Address 192.168.0.255
Gateway Address 192.168.0.1

It sets all this up and then asks for a DNS which I have given 192.168.0.1 because I assumed it would get its information from the router. On My Mac this is left blank.

Still no internet action though!

Thanks

Rich