Re: [LUG] Farseer enterprises - continued

<<Does a plain vanilla (ie non-configured) Win2k3 server do anything
useful straight away>>

add a few useres, share a few samba folders, and off we go,

if i want it to be a domain, DHCP, IIS (why??), ect server, click, and
off we go.....

<<If you prefer being given a pointy-clicky environment>>

thats all i need it to do, it doesnt need anything extra

<<If you prefer to have a system that is a potential nightmare to
bring back to life after a clitch, then go Win2k3!>>

bringing the thing back to life has never been a real hassel, i dont
ask it to do much, therefor kicking it back to lif generaly means
insterting the windows cd, and going to the restore prompt

<<and you prefer that said system should use resources to provide an
GUI interface when it's never used, then go Win2k3!>>

its atached to a TV as a Vidio Player, the GUI is required,

The only non windows commponant installed on it is VNC Server, so i can do remote administation

Philip McGaw

Termisoc <http://www.termisoc.org> Safety Officer
UPSU Radio <http://radio.termisoc.org> Tech Officer