Re: [LUG] Farseer enterprises - continued

Simon Waters wrote:

| Just because you're on a linux mailing list, doesn't make the untrue
| true, and putting fallacy across as fact just weakens the entire
| arguement. Discredit the opposition by all means, but don't give the
| pro-Windows lobby ammunition that we're making false claims.

I must have dreamt all the Windows boxes I've been asked to fix....

:)

Now imagine the nightmare of linux boxes being driven by people who messed up those windows machines, and who cannot understand the basics of computer operation or why the document they brought from work won't load and they can't find Internet Explorer *anywhere*.

Give a newbie a blank hard drive and copies of windows and, say, Fedora or Ubantu (I don't know mandrake, that might be better). In my experience, more people would get a functioning desktop running with windows first.

Sure, it makes decisions that you or I might not want, but you and I are not the typical computer user by a long shot.

--
Simon Avery