Re: [LUG] Is this RAID

On Thursday 09 December 2004 16:08, Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

I have been asked by someone how to mirror a harddisk onto another so
the system sees it as one hard disk,  I am unsure what he means as I
thought the mirror command in dos simply made a copy of 1 harddisk (or
partition)0 onto another.

erm mirroring isn't quite what he means - I think.

I think he may mean RAID,  where he can take C: and D:  so windows 98
sees both as one drive.

I know this is not exactly a Linux question,  but am I right in
interpreting this as raid,  and how would he implement this under 98, I
am sure you need a RAID card, and possible scsi harddisks.   I know
Linux supports RAID.

AFAIK, win98 supports hardware raid cards. I'm not away of any software raid
solutions for win98.

Jon