[LUG] Is this RAID

Hi

I have been asked by someone how to mirror a harddisk onto another so the system sees it as one hard disk, I am unsure what he means as I thought the mirror command in dos simply made a copy of 1 harddisk (or partition)0 onto another.

I think he may mean RAID, where he can take C: and D: so windows 98 sees both as one drive.

I know this is not exactly a Linux question, but am I right in interpreting this as raid, and how would he implement this under 98, I am sure you need a RAID card, and possible scsi harddisks. I know Linux supports RAID.

I am a little out of my depth with this, but think I have an idea what he wants,

Thanks for any help

Paul