Re: What is/was your work desktop? was Re: [LUG] SIMS

Tom Brough wrote:

There are of course ways of locking down Linux Desktops ... If you want
to save on "re imaging"  (and a stack load of other hardware that
duplicated in each machine thats not necessary for desktop use) use LTSP
and thin clients ... oh there I go again with my 4 letter acronym. 1
server = 20 + clients. Install software / upgrade software on server =
instant upgrade / install on 20 + clients, got to be worth the savings
on maintenance ? IMHO of course .....

Tom

One of the places I used to work at had a few thin clients but unfortanately they were WinCE based and the server ran Windows 2000 Server.

With the LTSP, is it possible to use older hardware (Pentium 200's etc with low memory size) as thin clients?

Rob