Re: [LUG] Modem Drivers-Meet

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 9:08 pm, Sadie Brinham wrote:
I'll phone the blokes,first thing!
Lots of people are with~shudder~Tiscali,and Freeserve,here.

I connected to Tiscali for months before I got broadband - it's a painless
connection with an almost standard setup. It's in the DCLUG archive.
http://www.dclug.org.uk/archive/2002/01/msg00354.html

Would be helpful if everyone posted indications as to which modems their
ISPs are supplying.

Broadband. Sorry! (Although, as above, Tiscali are fine.)

ISPs that actually *support* Linux,though-interesting question.OneTel
definately don't.There again,they supply Speedtouch devices.

uklinux.net, ukfsn.co.uk and a few others that advertise in GNU/Linux
magazines. The rest probably don't even know how PPP works.

Welsh ISPs must be far more technically proficient.Irrespective of the
problems you are confronted by,the stock response here is:"Try disabling
your firewall".

WinXP presumably.

Okey-dokey.I'll get right on it.

Just don't expect miracles, Sadie.