Re: [LUG] NVidia Drivers + SUSE 9.0

Thorsten Ruffle-Brandt wrote:

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 09:06:32AM +0000, Gemma Peter wrote:

The nvidia screen appears now before the login screen
but when I run 3Ddiag it says that they're not installed properly
however glxgears runs OK. I get FPS=2500.00 is this normal?

Can't really say but my little TNT Vanta card trundles along as fps= 1500

I can confirm this odd behaviour. I installed the NVIDIA drivers with the NVIDIAinstall client as root, but 3Ddiag denies all knowledge of it. This is in SuSE 8.2, KDE 3.2.1

It's off topic but how did you install KDE 3.2.1 on SuSE 8.2? Did you upgrade
manually, 1 file at a time or some other method? I've had great diffuculty in the
past upgrading KDE and if there is an easy way of upgrading KDE I'd love to
know about it.

Keith

--
A Linux System
SuSE 8.2 on ECS KS5A/XP with 1.2GHz Athlon, 384MB RAM, 20GB Maxtor HD