Re: [LUG] NVidia Drivers + SUSE 9.0

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 22:21, Carl Maniglia wrote:
I'm a real newbie on Linux, but installing the nvidia drivers in my SuSe
9 distro was one of the easiest things I've done. I Changed the runlevel
by opening a Root Konsole session (init 3 or telinit 3) then ran the
nividia installer. I have noticed (after re-installing SuSe half a dozen
times in the last month that if the 3D drivers have installed properly,
the nvidia splash screen appears during the boot sequence and not
otherwise - not very scientific but quite comforting. Now if I could
persuade SuSe to accept the Epson C64 drivers as easily as Fedora does (
without 100's of dependency errors) - I'd be happy.

The nvidia screen appears now before the login screen
but when I run 3Ddiag it says that they're not installed properly
however glxgears runs OK. I get FPS=2500.00 is this normal?