Re: [LUG] Thunderbird: expiring mail?

Peter Walker wrote:

Keith Abraham wrote:

Thanks Steve.
I should have noticed the "Age in days" in the filter drop-downs
but somehow I missed it.

Well, you are doing better than me. I can't even find it now you've told me it's there!
What version of Thunderbird are you running? I was looking on the Tools->Message Filters->New window. Can you give me directions even an idiot could follow please.

OK Pete here we go but you'll kick yourself... Tools/Message Filters/New Window Fill in Filter name (I called mine "Expire") Make sure "Match all the following is selected" Beneath that ie 4 lines down you'll see 3 boxes in a line. 1st has "Subject" in it, the next "contains" and the last white space. To the right of the "Subject" box is a down arrow, click on it. At the bottom of the drop-down is "Customize" and above it is "Age in Days"

I set the contains box to "Greater than" and in the white space box
I put "28".
Click OK (bottom right).

If you have more than 1 account make sure the 1st line in
Message Filters box points to the account you want to run
the filters on.
You'll note that the 2nd line says enabled filters will be run
automatically (there should be a tick against all those enabled.).
Make sure the folder you want the filters to run on is set at the
bottom left (mine was "Inbox".).
You can change the priority order of the filters with Move up
and Move down or run a selected filter manually (bottom right.).

Hope this helps

Keith

--
A Linux System
SuSE 8.2 on ECS KS5A/XP with 1.2GHz Athlon, 384MB RAM, 20GB Maxtor HD