Re: [LUG] Plymouth Uni Portal, Student Access & Wreaking Linux...

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 19:20, Terence McCarthy wrote:

As you have loaded Linux you should have no problems, and perhaps RM
are just providing basic boxes now, so changing it back to Windows
wouldn't be a problem either.

The new pc's I've run linux on either used vmware under windows XP, or
were dual-booting. So there was no 'changing it back' required.

(BTW did you check, using fdisk, what partitions were on the drive
before you installed Linux?

Yes; ran up tom's root boot to see what the system looked like
initially. The new pc's have large disks and I was told that RM were
told not to use all the disk space for windows. As such there was more
than enough space left to install linux.

John.