Re: [LUG] Plymouth Uni Portal, Student Access & Wreaking Linux...

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:34:27 +0000
Andrew Rogers <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Don't think though that the University is driving out Linux, it has many
labs with Linux PCs which I only found out about a few days ago.

The technicians are a good bunch of people who, I'm sure, are just as
fed up of the situation as I am.

Thanks, Andrew- I'm glad it's not just me!

I expect the Linux people there are really p---ed off with the public image the Uni
has with it's site, and the problems it has.

I've sent the webproj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx people an e-mail asking if they could ensure
access for all W3C browsers, but with what you say, I won't hold my breath.

I'm amazed that RM and others can get away with it these days- it shows that even
those with responsibility for purchasing aren't computer-savvy. Worrying isn't it?

Anyway, perhaps the tide is turning....

Thanks again.

Terence