Re: [LUG] NVIDIA driver installation after kernel update

Rick Timmis wrote:

Hauppage WIN TV Cards BUYER BEWARE .

I just bought a WinTV GO Card from PC World (3 Weeks ago). Hauppage have
just changed the BT848 chipset on their WinTV Cards. they now use the
Connexant CX2388 Chipset. By all accounts this produces better
performace. Not under Linux it doesn't. As far as I can find there are
no Kernel Driver Modules for this Chipset. One of the SuSe developers
has put an Alpha release hack on his site. I could not compile this
patch as it requires compilation of a patched Kernel to work.

The official Video 4 Linux site for this chipset is http://bytesex.org/cx88/

This may well be the same version you were trying.