[LUG] ACER Laptop

Greetings,

A year ago I bought an ACER Aspire 1304LC laptop (15" TFT, Athlon 1800+,
256 SDRAM, 20Gb hdd, fdd, DVD/CD-RW).  The first thing that I did was
reformat the HDD as FAT32, partition it, reinstall WinXP and install Mk
v9.1.  A week or so ago I updated to Mk v9.2 but decided to try a clean
install of SuSE v9.0. today.  After 2 hours I have a fully working
standalone system.  Both the touch-pad and USB M$ Optical mouse are
running happily together for the first time and, thanks to Linuxant, the
internal modem works perfectly having purchased a licence a while ago.

Apart from downloading and installing the modem driver, SuSE did it all.

A very happy bear :~)

David Bell
Hatherleigh, Devon